The asset is currently being edited by ''. Error Message

We have run into an issue with a custom widget that we have created. The widget was created and used to create over 350 course assets. Come to find out, I needed to additional fields to the widget to accommodate additional course information.

I am trying to go back into the existing assets and populate the new field data and I get the following message: The asset ‘ans-150’ is currently being edited by ‘’. Select ‘Override’ to edit this asset anyway. Unsaved changes to ‘ans-150’ may be lost.

When I click override I get the following message: The asset ‘ans-150’ cannot be opened because it has been opened in another session by an Admin user.

I am the only admin at this time. When I stop and restart the Percussion service (Windows Server), it appears that I can edit 2 - 3 assets then the message will reappear.

Is there something that I can do different or will I have to live with this until I get all of the assets populated with the added fields data.

Thanks for your help and insight.
Matt

I had this exact problem as well. Looking for a solution.

Hi Joseph,

The first thing you can try is placing the page into draft mode, and then re-approving the page again.  Let us know if this works.

Regards,
Chris W

Hi, Chris, that didn’t work. I’ve also tried saving the offending custom widget, deploying it, and restarting Percussion. That works for a little while, but after a few edits on that type of widget we’re right back to the error. Thanks!

Hi Joseph,

I will create a support ticket for this.  Sorry for the delayed response.

Regards,
Chris W

This error was resolved by making some database changes.  If other customers are experiencing this issue please open a support ticket by e-mailing support@percussion.com.

We are aware of the issue and have this slated to be fixed in a future release.

Regards,
Chris W