Sizing image autolist thumbnail

How do I set the thumbnail size for an image autolist? The images are very tiny, like avatar size, and we would like to set a different width.

Hi Lisa,

Go to

1). "Assets --> Uploads --> --> Images --> -->

(example photo of image path)

2). Double-click on the image

Click on “Edit” and then click on “Size the Thumbnail” to adjust the size for that image. Remember to “Approve” it after you are finished so that it will be published with your next incremental and/or Full Publish.

Thank you Daniel. Great find, BTW!

Frankly, I’d rather set like 300x300 by default, not 50x50. What if there’s 100+ images and it’s too time consuming…

Is there a way to do that in the backend? There gotta be a way to do that…

Yes. One method would be to write a custom CSS image-resize class.  Another would be to use Photoshop or Fireworks to resize all the images before uploading. A third method would be to write a javascript widget that creates thumbnails dynamically (which is what I did for a very large image gallery at our Med School). 

Thanks guys!

We have to touch each of the images anyway to give a title for the caption. Sizing the thumbnail at the same time shouldn’t be a huge deal. I am wondering if the autolist is the best way to do this, or if a custom widget would be better.

Have you ever had the image quality on uploaded images do weird things? All of these images looked fine, and then I changed the thumbnail size and a few look almost like they got stuck in the middle of rendering. Just fuzzy and pixelated.

Yes, it’s true, changing the thumbnail size in Percussion causes pixel artifact/distortion. Thus I had to write a custom widget for rendering interactive image galleries that also creates thumbnails dynamically from full-size images.  In your case, if you do not have a budget for that, I would create thumbnails in Photoshop along with the full size images.