As Internet Explorer will be discontinued on June 15th, users will not be able to access Rhythmyx through the browser. To get around this issue, Microsoft Edge has an IE compatibility mode. To enable this:
- In the Edge browser, select the Settings and More icon on the top right corner (3-dot button)
- Select “Settings”
- Click “Default browser”
- Find “Allow sites to be reloaded in Internet Explorer mode” and set this to Allowed
- Restart the Edge browser
- Visit the Rhythmyx url that you normally use
- Log in and open the content browser - the page should not load yet
- Click the 3-dot button on the top right corner again, then select “Reload in Internet Explorer mode”. The page should now load correctly.
To have the Rhythmyx application open in IE mode each time, there should be a popup like the one below where you can click the toggle button to enable this.
If you do not get this popup, you can click the 3-dot button in the top right corner of Edge > Click Settings > Default Browser and then click Add next to “Internet Explorer mode pages” to manually enter the url of the Rhythmyx application.
Note: Once you start editing content, popups like the editor may get blocked. To allow the popup, click on the popup icon in the address bar to allow it, or go to the Edge settings once more and click “Cookies and site permissions”. Click All sites, find the Rhythmyx url, and make sure that popups are allowed in the list of permissions for that site.