Page autolist by category?

I had exactly the same problem Brian. The reason the code isn’t working is because the document is “ready” long before the dynamic content gets returned. So basically the code is running before the perc-blog-list-category-container gets populated with its dynamic content.

At first I tried changing my code to window.load which happens after document.ready hoping that would be long enough for the DTS server to return the query. When that didn’t work, I had to set a pause of 1 second. Try something like this…

$(window).load(function() { 
var timeoutID = window.setTimeout(repairLinks, 1000); 
function repairLinks() { 
 $('.perc-blog-list-category-container \> a').each(function() { 
 this.href = this.href.replace('index', 'pride-at-work-results'); 
 }); 
} 
 });

Thanks Conan. That worked great, and did exactly what I was looking for. Now our blog / internal newsletter can be categorized by issue and tag, with our latest edition always coming up first, with users being able to sort by tag. Thanks again!

Glad to help!

I noticed that this functionality has now been included in the page autolist widget. However, this script is now returning all categories on our site. Is this script no longer supported?

Hi Tola,

This feature was included with the release of 5.3, and has been improved with the service release that was released last week.  You should be able to limit the results of the Page Auto List widget under the Content tab of the page/template with the widget where you can narrow by site/directory, category, or template.  You’ll need to publish this page after making these changes.  Let me know if this helps or if you have more questions.  

Regards,
CW

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the quick response!

We used the script mentioned in this post in an area where we cant employ a widget (nested jquery ui tabs) without a total page rewrite. I was wondering if the script is no longer supported, because instead of returning specific categories, it is returning all categories.

Hi Tola,

Not a problem.  Can you point me to a link of the page?  That way I can take a look at the query being posted on the page and what it’s returning.

Regards,
CW

Here is a shortened link: http://shoutkey.com/read

The first two accordions in both tabs are being populated via separate instances of the script

Hi Tola,

I can see the problem.  I would recommend upgrading to the latest version (5.3.14 SR1) which was released just a few days ago.  You can find this on the support portal here:

https://support.percussion.com/

Here are the release notes:

http://help.percussion.com/percussion-cm1/overview/release-notes/index

and the upgrade instructions:

https://help.percussion.com/percussion-cm1/install-setup/upgrading-percussion-cms/index

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
CW