Has anyone gone through the process of doing mass updates of content data stored in Rhythmyx CMS?
Here’s an example …
We have hundreds of content items where a field contains a trademark symbol (™) that we want to remove.
We can manually go into each content item, edit, preview & publish … or we can look at ways of automating it.
Has anyone done anything similar?
My thoughts… if I could run a quick update statement on the database that fixes it then I would, but I’d be very very careful and test this out beforehand (and make sure I’ve got backups)*
The ‘proper’ way would I imagine to write some custom code that uses web services to edit the content items in question and update the fields there, then check-in, transition, etc. etc.
- just covering myself here for when tech support read this message
We have a similar situation where users had created hundreds of items with ‘font-size:x-small’ and other local formatting scattered everywhere, and then wanted us to fix things so that all of the pages displayed a consistent font size.
We put this in the page tempate instead of the Body field:
#set ($origBody = $sys.item.getProperty(‘Body’).String)
##This is to clean out all font size formatting from Body fields.
$origBody.replaceAll(“font-size: x-small;”, " ").replaceAll(“font-family: Verdana;”, " “).replaceAll(” size=“2"”, " ")
bingo, all gone. Still there if we should ever need it back though.