We are currently on RX 6.5.2 patch RX-13307
The scenario is the following:
We have content X in Site A in which we want to link to content Y in Site B.
Edit content X, Insert RX Template (title link snippet of Content Y) in the body of content X, Save Content X
On Preview, the link works as expected, it goes of to Content Y in Site B. However, when we publish the items (both are public), the link points itself back to Site A (using a relative link)
- Having read http://forum.percussion.com/showthread.php?t=361 we added the folder id (we had the site id) and re-created the steps, but the problem manifested itself again.
- When we publish out the $sys.site.id, $sys.site, $sys.site.path in the title link, they are correct (they reference Site B)
- When checking Site Folder Assembly location scheme, $sys.crossSiteLink is false
- Adding the same template link (of Y) to a slot on the template for Content X worked (ie. RX added the correct host name of Site B)! which lead to
- Calling the inline slot (sys_inline_variant) directly in the template for Content X publishes a correct link to Y (ie. using macro slot_simple). Clearly this is not a solution.
- Is anyone else having a problem with cross site links?
- Why isn’t this working? Why, when you insert an inline template (or rx link) in the body field (an ephox field) to another content item on a different site does Rhythmyx not correctly put in the correct URL on publish (ie. why doesn’t it think that it is a Cross Site Link)?