Copying Navigational Pages

I have read the support page on how to copy a page and know how that works. However, most of the time we want to copy a page, it’s to make a new navigational index in a new folder. These are pages with the >> graphic, not children pages within a folder.

My question is: How can we copy a navigational index from one folder and make it the main index of another?

Hi Matthew,

Great question. I think the simplest way to do this would be to start by following the usual instructions to copy the ‘index.html’ page that you wish to duplicate.

Then go to the Navigation section of Percussion and create a new Nav section.

Once that is ready you can drag and drop to ‘copied’ page from the Finder window onto the Navigation Node in your Nav tree to replace that index page with the ‘copied’ one.

Alternatively, you could make a copy of a Navigation ‘index.html’ page, then create a new simple folder and move the ‘copied’ page into it. Once that is ready you can go to the Navigation section of Percussion and create a new Navigation Node and chose the ‘Convert Folder’ option to add that copied page & parent folder to the Navigation tree.

Hope that helps! Let us know how it works out for you.

Best,

Piotr

Definitely helpful! Thanks so much for your reply!