Blog Tags causing 404?

On a blog posting, how do you specify a results page for the tags that are included? Right now when someone clicks on a tag, they get a 404 error. I’m missing something.

Hi Jerome,
It appears from your description that the blog post widget is not behaving correctly, as normally should not have to specify a results page for this piece of functionality. I am going to go ahead and create a support ticket on your behalf. You should see an email notification shortly.
-Jon

thanks Jon.

Any updates on this issue? Thanks.

Hi Jerome,

You should have received updates to the ticket on 1/16 and 1/17. Please let me know if you received those okay. Occasionally, messages from our support portal have been caught in customer’s spam filters.

-Jon

For any customers with a similar issue with their blog’s tags and categories links, here’s an explanation of what had caused this problem, and how to correct it:

When you create a blog using the Blog gadget, it generates an “index” page which is configured to display the results of clicking on a tag or category, and the tags and categories links are hardcoded to reference to that file. However, in Jerome’s case, after creating the blog, someone had renamed the blog “index” page to “index.html”, causing the 404 error when clicking on any of the tags or categories links.

We first confirmed this by simply modifying the URL from one of the tags links to include the new “.html” part of the filename. This worked, so next we simply renamed the Blog’s main index page back to the original “index” filename and republished, at which point all of the tags and categories links resumed functioning as normal.